As the weather gets colder, I am trying to have as many get-togethers in my back yard as possible before I have to pack it up for the winter. It’s just such a great entertaining space! So as you could imagine, when the idea of a hot dog party came up, I jumped at the chance. My idea for this party was a make your own hot dog and sausage bar, complete with over 30 topping options for all my friends to let their hot dog imaginations run wild.
This was the epic topping bar.
So many options!
It was so fun seeing what everyone came up with!
I was manning the grill for most of the party. We had some Fenway Franks, Reds, Fire Roasted Pepper Jack Sausages, and Sweet Pepper Provolone Sausages, so there was even options when it came to the dogs themselves!
Everyone was having a good time coming up with topping combos.
Bianca put out a beautiful cheese board and some pigs in a blanket for pre-dog snacks. Cause there is nothing better than a hot dog as an appetizer for a hot dog!
She also made a great mac and cheese that people were actually putting on top of their dogs! You can get the recipe on her website.
There were a lot of bloggers at my house, so there were people taking pictures of people taking pictures.
Build Your Own Hotdog Party
- pulled pork
- blue cheese
- nacho cheese sauce
- BBQ sauce
- buffalo sauce
- pickled carrot and radish
- cole slaw
- sour cream
- french onion dip
VEGGIES AND FRUITS
- raw onion
- fried onion straws
- jalapeno or serrano peppers
- fritos this counts as a veggie right?
- fresh radish
- Put out all the toppings, then grill the hot dogs and serve.
- Here are some of my favorite combinations-
- Cilantro, cucumber, pickled carrots, and sriracha
- Bacon, lettuce, and tomato
- Pulled pork and coleslaw
- Chili with raw onions and fritos
- Feta, tzatziki, cucumber, and olive
- Pineapple, bacon, and jalapenos
- Buffalo sauce, and blue cheese
- cheddar, sour cream, and scallions
- Cheese sauce, salsa, and fritos