I had a lot of people over this past weekend for a few different reasons so I needed some fun side dishes. I already posted the peach and brussel sprout dish on Monday but this sweet potato salad was also a great entry to the BBQ side dish mix. Chile and basil already go so well together, but it was nice to add the earthy sweet potatoes to the mix to give this simple potato salad a new twist.
Chile Basil Sweet Potato Salad
- 5 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sambol garlic chile paste
- 2 limes juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- Peel and cube the potatoes. Salt and roast at 350 for an hour or so until tender.
- Mix the mayo, sambol, lime juice, and vinegar in a bowl. Add the hot potatoes and mix well. Chill
- Stir in basil once cold. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve