Brussel Sprouts and Tots with Sweet Chili Sauce
Even though brussel sprouts seem to be a year round thing now that they are so popular, they seem to taste much better in the fall. Georgina and I recently had a version at a restaurant that had a spicy sweet sauce, and I wanted to recreate a version of that at home, but at the last minute I decided to toss in some tots! A lot of people ask me if I ever get sick of tots after writing the whole cookbook on them, but the answer is a definite no.
The sauce is a little bit of sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, and mustard, with a lot of sambol and honey.
Char the brussel sprouts in the pan, then add the cooked tots to finish.
Then pour on the sauce!
The is such a great combo and would be so tasty as a side dish or an appetizer for your next tailgate!
Brussel Sprouts with Tater Tots and Sweet Chili Sauce
Charred brussel sprouts piled up with tater tots and smothered with a spicy sweet chili sauce.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sambol
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 inch ginger grated
BRUSSEL SPROUTS AND TOTS
- about 4 cups of frozen tots like 35
- about 4 cups of trimmed and halved brussel sprouts
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a measuring cup and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 425. Add the tots to a baking sheet and toss with some oil. Spread evenly on the sheet and bake for about 20 minutes until browned nicely.
- Preheat a large frying pan with a good amount of oil. Add in the brussel sprouts and cook to brown on all sides, tossing and flipping to make sure they cook and brown evenly. Season heavily with salt and pepper.
- When they are just about done (very brown and still firm in the center ) add the tots and continue to toss, about 2 minutes.
- Pour onto a serving plate and drizzle on about half the sauce. Serve with more sauce on the side.
I really enjoy cooking and thank you for sharing this post.