A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to go to the cape with some close friends and have a wonderful relaxing weekend. There was lots of eating, drinking, swimming, boating, and just general good times. My food contribution to the weekend was these tots loaded up with fresh local lobster. At this point I am known as the tot guy, so I knew I had to deliver, and these tots did not disappoint!
I topped the tots with a sauce that was avocado, lime, and sour cream.
I actually grilled the tots so they got nice and blackened! The real reason I grilled them is that I wanted to hang with my friends on the deck and not be stuck in the kitchen, but the nice char on the tots actually enhanced the dish a lot.
The lobster was cooked and taken out of the shells the night before. I heated it up with lots of butter before putting it on the tots.
Dump the butter and lobster on top of the cooked tots, then add the avocado sauce, sriracha, and chives.
These tots were so good! We demolished them very fast.
The perfectly cooked lobster and lots and lots of butter went great with the tots, and the two sauces balanced everything out. The avocado sauce was very limey and the acidity helped cut the heaviness of the butter and tots. The spicy sriracha added a great kick!
Serve with good friends and lots of forks!
There are some people in life that make you laugh a little louder, smile a little bit bigger, and live just a bit better. #tbt to an incredible weekend on the Cape hosted by @myfoodthoughts and @marriedtoafoodphotographer for #BloggerSummerCamp Thank you Brian and Eric, you achieved all three effortlessly ❤️
Lobster Loaded Tots
- 32 ounce bag tater tots
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat a grill to high or oven to 450. Grease a sheet pan. add the tots and toss with a little more oil. Spread evenly. Put the tots into the oven or on the grill. If cooking in the oven, cook 15 minutes, toss well and cook another 10 minutes. If cooking on the grill, cook 10 minutes, toss, and cook another 15 minutes tossing occasionally to brown on all sides.
- If there are any really large chunks of lobster, cut them down to smaller than a tot. Put the lobster in a pan with the butter and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Mix the avocado in the blender with the lime and sour cream to form a sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Build the tots by first putting the tots down, then topping with the butter and lobster. Drizzle the avocado and sriracha onto the tots, then top with the chives.