One of my favorite snacks is using a fast food style hash brown as “toast” and topping it with some fun and tasty ingredients. I recently thought it would be a perfect vehicle for spicy tuna! I like a little breadcrumbs on my spicy tuna roll, so I thought the crispy potato would be a great swap out.
I streamed this recipe as my first stream on Kittch and you can watch the video here.
Tuna in the bowl with some salt, togarachi, sambol, and soy sauce. The last ingredient to add is mayo, then you just mix it up!
Spread that tuna mixture on the hash brown.
Start with the nori and sesame seeds as toppings. I like the nori to touch the fish mixture so they can join forces.
Next add the scallion and tobiko. So good!
I could eat about 25 of these.
Spicy Tuna Hash Brown Toast
- 6 ounces tuna sashimi
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sambol chili paste
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 teaspoon togarachi
Hash Brown and toppings
- 2 fast food style hash browns
- oil for the pan
- sesame seeds
- toasted nori
- Chop the tuna into small pieces. Mix in all the tuna ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bring a pan to high heat and add the oil. Add in the frozen hash browns and cook for about 3-5 minutes per side to crisp up and heat through.
- Top the hash browns with the tuna mixture. Then top with the nori, sesame seeds, scallions, and tobiko. Serve