Recipe Sponsored by Eckrich
Tailgate season is upon us! It’s one of the best times of the year because it is a great excuse to stand outside drinking and eating good food. I have so much tailgating planned for the next few months and I am hyped. Sausage is my favorite choice to round out a good tailgate spread, and Eckrich has everything you need in that department.
Their naturally hardwood smoked sausage always comes out perfectly juicy, and is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. They have lots of great offerings like Original Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope, Jalapeno & Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links, Ham Off The Bone, and Hatch Green Chili Turkey Breast. I especially love the Jalapeno & Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links! I was inspired by the cheese and jalapeno flavors to make these Nacho Style Smoked Sausage Links, perfect for your next tailgating adventure!
I’ve done my fair share of tailgating and nothing compares to a college football tailgate. Boston College starts their season this weekend and Eckrich is going to be at the game as part of the brand’s “Road to the National Championship” sweepstakes, where fans will have the chance to make a 15-yard throw for $1MM during some of the biggest college football games of the season. Visit www.EckrichFootball.com for details and to enter for a chance to win!
Toasting the buns with some butter is very important. This is easy to do on the grill as well, just brush them with the butter and toast on each side before you add the sausages.
Next, grill the smoked sausage links. I like mine to get a nice char.
Pop them into the toasted buns.
Top with crushed chips, then add the cheese sauce. I recently have been putting hot cheese sauce into a thermos and it stays the perfect temp and pour-able consistency all day!
Add the pico de gallo.
Then, add sour cream. A squeeze bottle of sour cream is also key for portability.
All the flavors you want while tailgating in every bite! The creamy cheese goes so well with the juicy sausage links.
The chips added a great crunch to these, and the sour cream drove home the nacho flavors.
To be the MVP of your next tailgate or homegate, visit www.Eckrich.com for recipe inspiration, product information, and where to buy.
Nacho Style Smoked Sausage Links
- 4 ounces evaporated milk
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 6 Eckrich Jalapeno & Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links
- 6 hot dog buns toasted with butter
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup homemade or store bought pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Make the cheese sauce – mix the evaporated milk and cornstarch in a bowl and whisk until combined. Pour into a small sauce pot and bring to a simmer to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese. Continue to stir until the cheese is fully melted and the sauce is formed, it may need another minute on low heat to allow all the cheese to melt, but be careful not to overheat it.
- Grill the sausage links over medium-high heat to brown on all sides and heat through.
- Add the sausages to the buns.
- Add the crushed tortilla chips and pour the cheese sauce on top of the sausages.
- Top with Pico de Gallo and sour cream. Serve.