I call these hash browns large format tater tots, because the internal texture is the same. True hash browns have shredded potato in my opinion. You would think that at this point I would be getting sick of tots but I can’t stop coming up with new ideas for them. These avocado totsts are crispy, smooth, and amazingly tasty, a definite upgrade on the bread version. I like a little lime and some spice on my avocado toasts so that’s what I did with these totsts, but you can do it however you normally like it! If you haven’t pre-ordered TOTS! yet, what are you waiting for?
I like to fry these type of hash browns in a pan with a little oil until they crisp up.
The guac is just avocado, garlic, lime, and salt.
Top with a soft cooked egg.
I also added on some scallion, korean chili powder, and black sesame seeds.
- 2 large tots fast food style sold as hash browns
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- 2 scallions sliced into thin rounds
- 1 chile pepper sliced into thin rounds
- black sesame seeds
- Cook the hash brown in some oil in a frying pan on both sides to brown and crisp up
- Mash the avocado in a bowl with the lime juice, garlic, and some salt and pepper.
- Top the hash brown with the mashed avocado, then the egg, then the scallions, chili pepper, and sesame seeds