Recipe sponsored by BUBBA Burgers
Burger season is in full swing over here and I keep dreaming up new flavors and ideas to keep things fresh. I have been obsessed with a few things lately that keep popping up in my cooking this season – chimichurri, habanero, shrimp, and sweet plantains. I decided to combine all these flavors into an awesome burger! This burger is a perfect balance of bright, sweet and spicy, just what you want for a mid summer burger!
All these toppings were perfect for the juicy BUBBA burger! The manchego cheese melted beautifully over the nice big burger and there was plenty of space to pile up all the toppings!
One thing I especially love about this burger is besides a little kitchen prep, everything is done on the grill. That way you don’t have to keep running inside to grab things, and there is so much grilled flavor packed into every bite.
Watch the video here or keep scrolling for the recipe!
Lots of parsley, garlic, salt, habanero, lemon, and olive oil. Then blend it up until it’s smooth.
Plantains and shrimp on the grill! I brushed these with a oil, garlic, chili mixture before putting them on the grill.
Shrimp are done but the plantains need a little more time. BUBBA burgers hit the grill next!
After flipping them, add on the cheese. I just sliced this off a wedge of manchego.
Lightly grill the buns and add the chimichurri on first.
Then the plantains, shrimp, and more chimichurri.
Head over to the BUBBA burger website to see where to buy near you!
Shrimp Plantain Chimichurri Burgers
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 habanero stem and seeds removed
- 1 lemon juice of
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable or peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon korean chili flakes gochujaru (sub any chili flakes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 ripe sweet plantains mostly black with a little yellow Peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 4 BUBBA Burgers
- 4 thick slices of manchego cheese
- 4 brioche burger buns
- Put all the chimichurri ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth and combined. You could alternatively do this step in a blender or in a bowl with a stick blender.
- Mix the brushing oil ingredients in a small bowl
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium.
- Skewer the shrimp and plantains on a few skewers each. Brush with the oil mixture, plantains first, then shrimp.
- Get the plantains on the grill first and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp next to the hottest part of the grill and cook about 2-3 minutes per side, to lightly char and cook through. Remove from heat.
- Brush the burgers with the oil mixture and put on the grill. Cover and cook about 5 minutes until the juices start collecting on the top of the burger.
- Flip the burgers and add the cheese. Cover and continue to cook, all while keeping an eye on the plantains to not burn them.
- Finally, toast the buns for a minute or two.
- Build the burgers - Start with the bottom bun, then add some chimichurri. Add on the burger, then some shrimp and plantain. Finally drizzle on more chimichurri. Top with the remaining bun and serve.