- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 8 Ounces Egg Noodles (half a package)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Large Onion
- 4 Ounces Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup Cream
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- For: 3 burgers
- Preparation: 30 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- Ready in: 1 h 40 min
- Cook the egg noodles in boiling water until tender. Strain and allow to cool for 3 minutes. Whisk in the eggs. Pour into burger bun sized containers that are well greased. Makes 6 buns. (for 3 burgers) Weight down so that it is more tight and firm and easy to hold in the end. Allow to sit for an hour in the fridge.
- Slice the onion and cook in buter until browned all around. 20 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook 5 minutes. Add the cream and stir to coat. Remove from heat. Add the sour cream and stir to combine.
- Form the burger patties to be the same size as the buns but slightly wider. Grill or cook the burgers to medium. Meanwhile also cook the pasta buns to brown on both sides and firm up.
- Build your burgers using the buns and the burger and top with the mushroom cream sauce.
This “using other things as buns for a burger” trend has been really fun, and ever since I saw the ramen burger I have been thinking of other applications for pasta as a burger bun. The stroganoff burger was a top choice because a burger with a mushroom and cream sauce just seemed so right to me. This burger came out amazing. My noodle buns were just slightly too thick though, so I have adjusted the recipe below to make them the proper size.
If you guys have been to the site this week, you probably noticed some changes around here. I am really proud and excited about the new layout and I am going to talk about it more extensively next week.
Cook your noodles and add some egg to them.
Then put them into burger bun sized containers and press them for a few hours.
Meanwhile, Cook some onions to brown.
The burger should be the same size as the buns. Maybe even slightly wider because it will shrink on the grill.
Onions are browned, add in the mushrooms.
Then some cream, followed by a dollop of sour cream. I hate the word dollop but there isn’t anything better.
Cook the buns 5 minutes on each side to brown and firm up.
The onion mushroom mixture goes on top of the burger.
Oh yea… this thing is the real deal.
I attacked this burger with the full force of a hungry man craving a delicious burger and I was overcome by it’s awesomeness.
I then went into a burger coma for the next several hours even though I had plenty of work to do.
Make these burgers. They aren’t that hard to do and they are a real showstopper.