Recipe sponsored by Curly’s® BBQ
What’s your favorite BBQ add-on? Mine is definitely pickles! I love the flavor of bright fresh cold pickles to balance the deep savory flavors of smoked meat and BBQ sauce.
The best thing about Curly’s BBQ is that you can create amazing meals and snacks by only adding a few additional ingredients to the perfectly cooked meats.
I wanted to have an afternoon snack this past weekend, so I combined Curly’s pulled pork with fresh pickles and cheddar cheese, and wrapped it up in corn tortillas to make crispy delicious taquitos.
The crispy tortilla paired so perfectly with the tender and deeply flavored pork. The creamy cheese and bright fresh pickles rounded everything out into a perfect bite!
Only 4 ingredients to make this tasty snack!
Warm the tortillas to make them easier to roll, then add the fillings. You might be tempted to really load these up, but try and go light on the fillings so you can roll them into tight thin taquitos.
Place them seam side down in a hot frying pan with a little vegetable oil. Once browned on the bottom, start rotating them to brown and crisp on all sides.
I served these with a little sour cream, but you can use your favorite dip! Ranch would be a great option as well.
Pulled Pork and Pickle Taquitos
- 20 Corn Tortillas
- 1 package Curly's Pulled Pork
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced pickles
- sour cream
- In a dry frying pan over medium high heat, add 2 tortillas for about 1 minute per side to soften.
- Place the tortillas on a work surface and add about 2 tablespoons of pork, 1 tablespoon of pickles, and 1 tablespoon of cheese. Roll it up as tight as you can and set aside, seam side down on a plate.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you run out of ingredients or make enough taquitos
- Add some oil to coat the pan and add the taquitos in batches, seam side down. Cook over medium high heat to brown on all sides. Repeat with remaining taquitos.
- Serve with sour cream to dip.