I was craving a roast beef sandwich big time and I wanted it to be really spicy. I decided it would be a fun idea to incorporate the flavors of a jalapeno popper into the sandwich. I started with roasted jalapenos of course, then thought of using a cream cheese spread as the condiment. I stirred in some horseradish and chives which are classic players in the roast beef sandwich game, and then at the last minute I saw some leftover store bought onion straws I had used for a thanksgiving recipe and slapped them on top. It all come together in an amazing way!
Nothing like starting a recipe with roasting some jalapenos!
Cream cheese, chive, and horseradish on a ciabatta bun. I had the ciabatta in the freezer and it was part of the reason I was inspired to make this sandwich.
The roasted jalapenos on top.
Pile on the roast beef!
And of course, so many onions.
It’s really sandwich perfection.
I want you all to know I’m excited to be one of Google’s paid early testers for their Thank with Google pilot program! You may have noticed that little blue button that has a heart and says “Thanks” at the top of this post. That is part of an experimental new feature that allows you to purchase a virtual sticker and directly show your appreciation for the content on my website!
I have been a creator for over 13 years now, and everything about what I do changes constantly. I have considered using a subscription model at times, or putting a million ads on my website, but I am happy that Google has created this new cool way for my fans to show their support of my work and tell me which content they value most!
If you like this recipe, please consider sending me a virtual sticker through the Thanks with Google feature and let me know what you think! The button is at the top of the post, or right here below the recipe. Thanks again!
Jalapeno Popper Roast Beef Sandwich
- 4 jalapenos
- 1 cup fried onion strings store bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 pound thin sliced roast beef
- Preheat broiler to high. Roast the jalapenos to blacken on all sides. Place them into a bowl and tightly cover with plastic.
- Toast the onion straws in the broiler for a minute or two if needed (store bought ones might need some browning.
- Cut the ciabatta to make sandwiches and toast under the broiler to brown.
- Mix the cream cheese with the chives and horseradish.
- Remove the plastic from the jalapeno bowl and cut off the stems. Slice them in half the long way and remove the seeds. Place the slices flat and gently scrape off the charred skin.
- Spread the cream cheese mix on the top and bottom breads and add the jalapeno in a single layer. Top the bottom bread with roast beef, then add the onions. Top with the bread and serve.