Deep dish is one of those things that is amazing when you have it but I never really crave it. The idea of making one popped into my head the other day and I needed to act on it! I decided to make it with the flavors of an Italian sub, complete with dressed lettuce and banana peppers on top. This came out amazing and Georgina said it was one of her favorite things I have ever made! I live streamed the creation of this dish, and you can catch that stream below, or just keep scrolling to the recipe.
The salad on top of the pizza was romaine lettuce, banana peppers, and thin sliced onion, all tossed with a little Italian dressing
Pizza looking great out of the oven, like a perfect bowl to put my salad in.
I used this recipe for the dough from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Italian Sub Deep Dish Pizza
- 1/2 dough recipe linked above
- 1/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 5 slices provolone
- 8-10 or so slices rosemary ham
- 6-8 slices genoa salami
- 4-5 slices pepperoni
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 romaine heart sliced thin
- 1/4 cup banana peppers diced
- 3 super thin slices red onion
- Italian dressing
- Preheat oven to 400
- After making the dough and allowing it to rest, roll it out and form it in your pan to create the deep dish pizza.
- Add the tomatoes to the bottom, then the provolone, then ham, salami, and pepperoni. Finally top with mozzarella.
- Bake for 35 minutes until crust is browned and delicious.
- Meanwhile, mix the lettuce, banana peppers, onion slices, and dressing in a bowl. Allow the pizza to cool for 10 minutes before pouring the salad on top. Slice and serve.