I was eating some leftover pimento cheese with bagel chips thinking to myself that the combination sort of worked because there was cream cheese in the pimento cheese. This led me to start brainstorming some new ideas with pimento cheese to incorporate more bagel flavors, and the obvious winner was everything bagel.
Step one when making everything spice is to cut up the onion and bake it slow to dry it out.
After the onion and garlic is dried out, mix in the sesame seed and poppy seed.
Meanwhile, everything for the pimento cheese in the food processor.
Once the cheese is mixed up, sprinkle some of the everything spice on top and serve!
And of course serve it with bagel chips.
Add this one to the list of dips you have ready for your various upcoming holiday parties!
Everything Bagel Pimento Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces munster
- 4 ounces cheddar
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 4 ounces jarred sliced pimentos with juices
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
everything bagel spice
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- Make the everything spice – Preheat the oven to 300. Dice the onion and mince the garlic. Put the onion on a baking sheet with a sprinkle of salt and a splash of oil. Toss well and spread evenly. Cook about 20 minutes and remove from the oven. Add on the garlic and stir well. Cook another 20 minutes and stir again. Add the poppy and sesame seeds and cook a final 20 until the onion and garlic pretty crispy and browned. At this point you want to pay a lot of attention to it to cook it just browned enough but not completely burned.
- Add the dip ingredients to a food processor along with two tablespoons of the everything mixture. and process until smooth. Serve in a shallow bowl with the everything spice sprinkled on top. Serve with bagel chips.