This recipe is sponsored by Roth Cheese.
You may be seeing lots of grilled cheeses pop up in your feeds lately, and that is because April is Grilled Cheese Month. I have been absolutely drooling over the amazing looking grilled cheeses everywhere and felt the need to join the party. As you guys know, I cook with lots of tots, and I thought that sweet potato tots would be a fun way to add some sweet earthy flavor to the grilled cheese. Once I had the sweetness, I added some bacon for salty, and used Roth Sriracha Gouda for a kick! The sandwiches came out amazing with tons of gooey spicy cheese oozing out of every bite.
First cook the tots!
Also cook the kale. Gather up all the ingredients and build the sandwiches. I ate a couple packages of the Roth Sriracha Gouda on its own before I decided to turn this wonderful cheese into a sandwich.
Cheese, then bacon.
Then kale and more cheese.
Finally the tots!
After it cooks the melty cheese is begging for you to take a bite.
The sign of any grilled cheese.
The flavors were so balanced in this sandwich. Sweet, salty, spicy, and bitter were all there.
A friend and I had no problem killing these in just a few minutes. The creamy sweet potato really makes the sandwich more substantial and plays off the crispy bacon and bread.
Sriracha Gouda Grilled Cheese with Sweet Potato Tots and Bacon
- 4 ounces Roth Sriracha Gouda sliced
- 16 sweet potato tots
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 4 leaves kale
- 3 slices bacon cooked
- Preheat the oven to 450. Place the tots on a baking sheet and toss lightly with oil. Bake for 12 minutes, flip, and bake 12 more minutes.
- Put the kale in a frying pan with some butter and season with salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes to wilt and lightly brown in places. Remove from pan and wipe the pan clean.
- Build the sandwiches with cheese first on top of the slice of bread, then bacon and kale, then more cheese, then the tots, then even more cheese. Top with the second peice of bread.
- Add a little more butter to the pan and cook the sandwich. Cover it and lightly press it so that the cheese on the inside gets nicely melted and the bread gets golden brown. Flip and repeat.
- Remove from heat, slice, and eat!