This recipe is brought to you by Old El Paso
This time of year, it is common for me to have guests sleeping over, and I like to serve them creative breakfasts. The only problem is making eggs or omelets to order can be stressful, and everyone doesn’t get to eat at the same time. That’s why I love making breakfast bakes, and this tortilla breakfast skillet is going to be in heavy rotation this season.
These are super versatile and can be made with a variety of meats or veggies, but I kept it simple this time with only chorizo, eggs, and lots of cheese. The tater tots on top add a nice crispy layer to the dish!
Start with some enchilada sauce and a tortilla, and just build it up from there. It’s nice finding a pan that perfectly fits the tortilas too. Scroll to the bottom for a video of the whole process.
Lots of cheese, beaten eggs, and chorizo.
The tots go on at the very end so they can get crispy in the oven.
Top with pico and sour cream before serving. If you slept over your friends and got this placed in front of you in the morning with a big coffee, how excited would you be!?!
The flavors are great in this and the layers are cheesy and delicious. The tots on top are what really make it amazing.
Check out the video for the whole process:
Breakfast Tortilla Bake with Tots
- 1 can Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce
- 9 Old El Paso Flour Tortillas for Soft Tacos
- 1.5 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked chorizo
- 6 eggs beaten
- 36 potato tots
- pico de gallo and sour cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400
- In 3 individual sized baking dishes, or one larger baking dish, layer the ingredients.
- Start with enchilada sauce, then a tortilla, then chorizo and cheese.
- Next pour on egg and enchilada sauce.
- Repeat with one more layer.
- Place a tortilla on top, and add a little more enchilada sauce.
- Top with the tots, and sprinkle a little more cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until egg is cooked and cheese is melted.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes. Serve with pico and sour cream.