Can you guys believe that tomorrow is December??? It’s time to crack out the Egg Nog! But what if say, you happen to spill some egg nog into the frying pan while cooking some delicious meat? Not to worry! Just make this stroganog to save the day.
It’s pretty important in this dish to really get some nice browning on the meat. It adds a lot to the final flavor of the sauce. I used a cast iron to really help with that. After the meat, onion, and mushroom is brown, add in some bourbon.
Then the butter and nog!
Finally, some cinnamon and nutmeg to go with the nog flavors.
The nog added a sweetness to the meat that is not normally present in stroganoff.
Try this dish for an unexpected holiday twist on a family classic.
Stroganoff with egg nog is Beef Stroganog. A fun holiday twist on a family meal!
Servings: 3 people
- 1 pound skirt steak sliced thin against the grain
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced thin
- 1/2 an onion diced
- 1 ounce bourbon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup egg nog
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 package egg noodles cooked
- Butter for tossing with the the egg noodles
- Sear the beef over high heat to brown. Add the mushrooms and cook 2 minutes. Add in the onions and cook another 5 minutes, trying to give everything a nice brown hue.
- Add the bourbon and scrape the pan to get all the browned bits into the sauce. Add in the butter and let it melt for a minute. Then add the nog and reduce the heat to low. Add in the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Serve over buttered egg noodles
You forgot to mention to deglaze the pan with a splash of sherry or cognac or something else before adding the egg nog and everything back in.
Either way, this meal was awesome, and I don’t normally like mushrooms or egg nog. Happy December, everyone.
This is such a brilliant idea! I bought the necessary ingredients to give it a try tonight and I can’t wait! 🙂
This is perfect for holiday, easy recipes..