I made some mini bagels for bagel bites this past weekend, and I thought they would be great as little slider buns so I saved a few. I ran with the bagel theme for these burgers, topping them with cream cheese, chives, cucumber, and smoked salmon. They came out a perfect little size, and they tasted great! The idea of cheese with smoked salmon is iffy to me, so I went back and forth about topping the burgers with additional cheese, but at the last minute I added a little provolone and the flavors matched perfect.
Mini burgers, mini bagels.
Cream cheese on both sides, top the bottom half with chives and the top half with the smoked salmon and cucumber.
Mini patties cooked to medium and topped with provolone.
So good! These were 3 bites of perfection. Creamy, crunchy, salty goodness.
I think they would be awesome as part of a brunch spread!
Check out the bagel bites and more info on the bagel recipe here.
Bagel Burger Sliders
- 6 mini bagels store bought or linked recipe
- cream cheese
- chopped chives
- 3 slices smoked salmon each cut in half
- 6 cucumber slices
- 1/2 pound ground beef formed into patties the same size as the bagels
- 2 slices provolone ripped into 6 pieces
- Slice the bagels in half and toast them. Spread both sides with cream cheese.
- Add some chives to the bottom half, add the salmon and cucumber to the top half.
- Cook the burgers on high heat to brown on both sides, adding the provolone after flipping.
- Put the burgers onto the bottom bun and fold the top bun onto them. Serve.