so follow me if you have twitch.I wanted to make some pasta for the first time in my new kitchen. I was craving those types of flavors that are just sort of on the edge of fall but not quite there yet. I love using sweet potato in noodles because they give them a really great soft texture. I paired the noodles with some charred radicchio to add a bitterness to match with the sweet pasta. I made this whole dish on a twitch stream last week which you can watch below! I plan to stream on there Thursday afternoons,
I cant get enough of pictures of freshly made pasta. This dish came out great. I had to stop myself from adding sausage cause everything in here is actually perfect and balances each other really well. The bitter radicchio balances the noodles and the goat cheese so well, and the walnuts add a heartiness. The mint freshens everything up but the butter and garlic keep it savory and grounded. A perfect September/October pasta dish!
Sweet Potato Tagliatelle with Charred Radicchio, Walnuts, Goat Cheese, and Mint
Homemade noodles made with sweet potato, and tossed in a butter and garlic sauce with charred radicchio, goat cheese, walnuts, and topped with fresh mint.
Servings: 3 servings
- 3 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large cooked sweet potato peeled and mashed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 head radicchio
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts toasted
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Make the pasta – Mix 2 cups of the flour, eggs, olive oil, sweet potato, and salt in a bowl and stir to combine. Add more flour until you form a dry stiff dough. Use a pasta maker to roll out the dough, starting with the thickest setting. Roll the dough, then fold it onto itself and repeat until the dough rolls out smoothly. Then switch to the next thinner setting and roll it out again, slowly going down a notch or two at a time until you end on the third thinnest setting. Cut the pasta into thick strips and allow to dry on a towel with plenty of flour.
- Slice the radicchio into thin wedges and lay them out onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with some oil, season with salt and pepper. Broil on high for about 5 minutes to char.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and a frying pan to medium heat. Melt the butter in the pan and add the garlic. Simmer for 3 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook about 2-5 minutes until tender. Remove from the water and add directly to the frying pan. Toss to coat with the butter.
- Add the radicchio and walnuts to the pan and toss.
- Serve the pasta and top with the goat cheese and mint.