Recipe sponsored by Hood
I love making fun little appetizers all throughout the month of December for people to take to their cocktail parties and friends and family get togethers. More often than not, these appetizers involve lots of sour cream, so I am really glad to be partnering with Hood on these great little cornbread muffins!
I have been making this same recipe for cornbread muffins for a while now, and I love it because it comes out incredibly soft and creamy, probably because the recipe is like 60% sour cream by weight, and when you use Hood, you know you are getting the best quality! I thought it would be fun to add a little sausage to these muffins, to give them the taste of a cornbread stuffing all in one bite!
Sour cream and egg in a bowl. I also added frozen corn, then mixed it with flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
Meanwhile, I cooked some spicy sausage with a little onion and celery.
Butter up the pan, then add the batter evenly. Add a little scoop of the meat mixture to the center.
I wanted to top these with an additional drizzle to match the sour cream in the muffins, so I mixed in some garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, and lemon juice to give it a little flavor twist.
A perfect little finger food for your next get together! Hood Sour cream is available in 24, 16, and 8oz tubs, as well as a 12oz squeeze bottle, and you can head over to hood.com for more recipe ideas and where to buy it!
Sausage Stuffed Cornbread Muffins
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 pound spicy sausage
- butter to grease pan
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 8 oz frozen corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 425. Grease a mini muffin tin with butter.
- In a frying pan with a little oil, cook the onion and celery to soften, about 5 minutes. Add in the sausage and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in one bowl.
- Mix the egg, sour cream, and frozen corn in another bowl. Pour the sour cream mixture into the flour mixture and stir well to combine.
- Pour the batter evenly into 24 mini muffin spaces. Add about a tablespoon of sausage to the center of each. Bake about 12-15 minutes until set.
- Meanwhile, stir together the sauce ingredients.
- Remove the muffins from the tin and align on a serving dish. Drizzle the sauce on top. Serve.