April 3, 2020
Pickles and scallions to start.
Then flour and cornstarch
Mix it up good and pour it into a frying pan.
Pour in the sauce and serve it asap.
Really tasty! Crispy and chewy like a good kimchi pancake should be, with that tangy pickle flavor.
- 1 cup Diced Pickles
- 2 Scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup Pickle Juice
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sambol chili paste
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
- scallions and sesame seeds
- Mix together the pickles and scallions in a bowl. Add in the pickle juice and vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Add the flour and cornstarch and stir. Add a splash of water if it seems too tight, it needs to be pancake batter texture.
- Preheat a frying pan with a little vegetable oil. Add the batter and spread it out into a round pancake. Cook on high for about 3 minutes to brown.
- Carefully flip the pancake and cook the other side. Turn the heat to medium to allow the inside to cook through before the outside gets burnt.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and cut it into wedges like a pizza. Serve with the sauce and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.