A healthy hearty snack of grilled tofu, cucumbers, mint, and peanuts, with a sticky sweet and spicy honey mustard sauce.
- 14 ounces extra firm O Organics® tofu
- 1/2 of an English cucumber sliced into half moons
- 1 bunch Mint about 24 leaves left whole, the rest chopped
- 1/4 cup O Organics® honey
- 2 tablespoons O Organics® yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons Thai Chile Paste
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup Chopped Peanuts
- Cut the tofu into cubes, and allow to rest on a paper towel for a half hour.
- Make the sauce by mixing the honey, mustard, chilechili paste, soy sauce, and lime juice.
- Coat the tofu cubes with vegetable oil and grill for about 5 minutes per side to brown. Remove from grill.
- Skewer the tofu alternating with mint leaves and cucumber.
- Pile the skewers on a plate and smother with the sauce. Top with the chopped mint and peanuts.
Recipe sponsored by Star Market
When I am trying to eat healthy, I need to make sure of a few things, first that the food has lots of flavor, and second that I have plenty of healthy snacks around to curb my constant appetite.
I made these yummy tofu skewers as an afternoon snack last weekend to stop myself from getting unhealthy takeout and ruining my streak of eating well!
I took a long walk to my local Star Market in Fenway because it was like 25 degrees that day. which is basically tropical at this point in Boston. I was happy that I could get everything I needed at Star Market, including quality products from their exclusive O Organics® line!
Chop up the tofu into cubes and let it dry for a few minutes on some paper towels. This extra firm O Organics tofu is one of the most sturdy brands of tofu I have ever worked with, it didn’t fall apart on the grill at all.
Make the sauce with some chili paste, honey, and mustard.
Grill the tofu to brown on all sides.
Skewer the tofu with cucumber and mint, then pour the sauce on top and sprinkle on some more mint and peanuts.
These are very tasty and really satisfied my cravings for Vietnamese takeout!
A great snack that won’t throw you off your game.
The O Organics® line, available in my area exclusively at Star Market stores, offers USDA certified organic products for creating delicious, healthy and affordable snacks your whole family will enjoy. You can also findvthese products at all of the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway. Visit StarMarket.com to find a store near you and discover more meal prep tips and recipe ideas.