You know I’m all about the game day snacks, and with my hometown basketball team in the playoffs and March Madness kicking off, there is no shortage of games to watch while eating said snacks. I love using flakey decadent scallion pancakes in place of bread when I am trying to take recipes to the next level. I decided to do a scallion pancake grilled cheese and filled it with pulled pork.
I made my scallion pancakes, but you can find frozen ones at certain stores, or you could get them from your local Chinese takeout spot and ask them not to cut them.
The scallions and sesame oil are rolled up in the simple dough of flour and water.
Then the pancake is fried until crispy and flaky.
Then close up the sandwich. Grill on medium heat until the cheese is melted.
The sauce is just soy sauce, rice vinegar, chile flake, and more scallions.
If you feel like making your own scallion pancakes, I used this recipe
Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese on a Scallion Pancake
- 2 large round scallion pancakes from linked recipe or store bought
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- about 1 cup prepared pulled pork
- Mix the cheeses together and place half of it onto the bottom scallion pancake.
- Add the pork and spread it out evenly.
- Add the remaining cheese and top with the top scallion pancake.
- Cook in a medium heat pan covered for about 5 minutes per side until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.