A white Russian is a funny drink because it goes in and out of style. Generally it seems weird to drink a cocktail with milk in it, but when you take a sip of a well made white Russian that weirdness disappears pretty quick and all you are left with is deliciousness. A friend ordered one at a restaurant with dessert a few weeks ago, and it made me think of the drink in a way I hadn’t before. How can I make the drink more dessert like was my first thought. Oreos were my second. I made this drink a few days later and it was a resounding success.
Oreo White Russian
- 1 tablespoon crushed oreos plus more for the rim
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- 1.5 ounces coffee liqueur
- 3 ounces milk
- Use a toothpick to rim the glass with honey. Place the extra crushed oreos onto a plate and dip the glass into the place to get the oreo stuck to the rim.
- Put 3 large cubes of ice into the cup and 3 more into the shaker
- add the vodka, liqueur, oreos, and milk into the shaker and cover.
- Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain the drink into the glass and serve.