Oreo White Russian
A white Russian is a funny drink because it goes in and out of style. Generally it seems weird to drink a cocktail with milk in it, but when you take a sip of a well made white Russian that weirdness disappears pretty quick and all you are left with is deliciousness. A friend ordered one at a restaurant with dessert a few weeks ago, and it made me think of the drink in a way I hadn’t before. How can I make the drink more dessert like was my first thought. Oreos were my second. I made this drink a few days later and it was a resounding success.
It’s important to really blend up the Oreos in a food processor or blender instead of just mashing them in a zip lock because you want a really fine crumb. This helps for the rim but also is important inside the drink. Then you just make a regular white Russian and add the Oreo crumbs.
This drink is creamy with that little hint of coffee that a classic white Russian is known for, but it also has the texture and flavor of the Oreos.
It’s almost like a cookies and cream cocktail!
Oreo White Russian
Putting oreo into a classic white Russian turns it into a fancy dessert cocktail.
Servings: 1 drink
- 1 tablespoon crushed oreos plus more for the rim
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- 1.5 ounces coffee liqueur
- 3 ounces milk
- Use a toothpick to rim the glass with honey. Place the extra crushed oreos onto a plate and dip the glass into the place to get the oreo stuck to the rim.
- Put 3 large cubes of ice into the cup and 3 more into the shaker
- add the vodka, liqueur, oreos, and milk into the shaker and cover.
- Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain the drink into the glass and serve.
Yum to the max! Pinning this for future use.
Made a riff on these last night and they were delicious! We used chocolate Silk soy (we are milk-free), vodka, and Kahlua. Boozy dessert cocktail indeed.