I love a good spicy slider, especially when I am hosting people for a game night. For these sliders I decided to go with an oil based Nashville style sauce to coat the meat. I used Gardein Turk’y Cutlets for these sandwiches because the flavor and shape of the cutlets was a perfect fit to have a large piece of meat on a small buttery roll.
The Turk’y turned out to be a great balance for the spicy Nashville coating. You could still taste the turk’y flavor through the intensely spicy sauce. I topped these with a few crunchy pickles before lining them up on a serving platter and they became the hit of the party!
Crisping up the turk’y in the Breville Combi-Wave
A simple sauce.
When the turk’y was done, I brushed it with the sauce and then cooked it for 1 more minute on each side.
Then build up the sandwiches!
I loved how these came out and they were devoured pretty much immediately!
Nashville Style Sliders
- 1 package Gardein Lightly Breaded Turk’y Cutlets Save the sauce packet for another time
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cayenne powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- about 12 dill pickle chips
- 4 small buttery dinner rolls
- preheat the Breville Combi-Wave on the air fry setting at 450 degrees and set the time for 12 minutes.
- Cook the turk’y for 10 minutes, flipping once half way through.
- Meanwhile, stir together the oil, cayenne, sugar, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Take the turk’y out of the oven and brush both sides with the oil mixture. Return them to the Breville, and cook for one minute, flip and cook another minute.
- Build the sandwiches starting with the bread, then the turk’y, then the pickles, and then the top bread. Serve.