This recipe has been on the list to make for almost a year now. Most times during the year though, bringing a mac and cheese cheesecake to a party is just weird. But at a christmas party, it’s somehow normal. Let’s be clear, this isn’t a cake of mac and cheese, this is a savory cheesecake with cheddar and pasta in it. It came out super festive and awesome, and I would suggest anyone to bring it as a unique app to your next gathering.
Cheddar in the mix with the usual soft cheeses.
At first it’s a little chunky…
But after you add the egg and milk it smooths right out.
Stir a well drained can of tomato in with the cooked pasta.
Then dump in the cheese sauce.
Bake at 275 for 45 minutes, shut off the heat and leave it in the hot oven another 45.
Solid and still warm.
Mac and cheesecake!
Creamy and delicious. And very different than any cheesecake or mac and cheese I’ve ever had.
Mac and Cheese Cheesecake
- 8 oz ricotta
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz cheddar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 pound elbow mac
- 1 can diced tomatoes strained really well
- about 15 basil leaves finely chopped
- 1 1/5 cups bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a springform pan with butter and parchment paper. Mix the butter with the breadcrumbs and press into the bottom of a springform pan. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. Turn oven down to 325.
- Meanwhile bring water to a boil for the pasta, start draining the tomatoes, and chop up the basil.
- In a food processor, process all the cheeses until smooth-ish. Add in the egg, milk, basil, and sugar and blend until actually smooth.
- Cook the pasta about 3 minutes less than suggested on the package. Srain the pasta and add it to a large bowl with the tomatoes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then dump in the cheesy goodness. Stir well and pour into the springform pan.
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes, then shut the oven off and crack the door, but leave the pan in there for another 45. Take the cheesecake out of the oven and let it sit for 30 minutes. Slice and serve.