This post is sponsored by American Lamb
When I have a nice piece of lamb like these bone-in lamb loin chops, I really get in the mood for something elegant. They kind of look like a mini porterhouse steak which can be really fun on the plate. A lot of people have been posting these Valentine’s day dishes that are loaded with cheese and pasta, but I feel like most people don’t want to be uncomfortably full after Valentine’s dinner, and when I think pasta and cheese I think food coma. I went lighter on this dish with a nice quinoa risotto and an herby horseradish sauce to bring some heat.
Leeks in the pan to start the risotto.
Quinoa in next, then some wine, chicken stock, and mushrooms.
The lamb is quickly marinated in some worcestershire, vinegar, and spices.
Then grilled to a perfect medium rare.
Pop the lamb onto the risotto and drizzle on that sauce.
Healthy fresh flavors in the risotto and chimichurri balance nicely with the deep deep flavors in the lamb.
It’s Lamb Lovers month over on the American Lamb website and they are running a big sweepstakes can check on their facebook page.
Lamb Loin Chops with Quinoa Risotto and Horseradish Chimichurri
lamb and marinade
- 4 American lamb loin chops
- 1/4 cup worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 leeks chopped and thoroughly cleaned
- 2 jalapenos diced and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounces mushrooms chopped
- salt and pepper
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the lamb and mix well. Allow to sit in the fridge for an hour, and then at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a food processor and blend smooth. Set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
- Cook the leeks and jalapenos in a little oil, about 8 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and cook 5 minutes to toast. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and stir well scraping any bits off the bottom of the pan. Simmer until the wine has mostly evaporated.
- Add the stock in 1/2 cup increments and stir until it evaporates each time before adding more.
- When half the stock has been added, add the mushrooms.
- When all the stock is added, taste to see if the quinoa is tender. If not, countinue to cook adding water instead of stock. When it is tender, remove from heat and add additional liquid if needed to make sure it isnt dry.
- Grill the lamb to medium rare, about 7 minutes per side depending on the thickness.
- Serve the quinoa in the bowl and top with the lamb, then drizzle on the sauce.