This recipe is sponsored by American Lamb
Now that it’s nice out after this cold and rainy spring we had, you can’t pry me off the grill. I have been grilling everything I can get my hands on! That’s why it’s appropriate that I was asked to represent the Grilling Gurus for the Summer Lambventures contest by the American Lamb Board.
I was working on some fathers day recipe ideas and this lamb kabob with carrot and fennel was the winner for me. It has a middle eastern flavor profile that tastes just unique enough to elevate it above your ordinary grill night. Check out the Summer Lambventures contest and see what category you fall into and you could win a great prize! Also make these lamb kabobs this weekend and everyone wins.
I got the lamb leg thin sliced from the butcher and then cut it into squares.
Marinate for a few hours with lots of tasty spices and yogurt.
Then skewer it alternating with fennel and carrot.
As your walking out to the grill with this plate you know it’s gonna be good.
Grill on high heat to brown all sides.
Then serve over a simple bowl of noodles or rice!
These were just some noodles I had in my pantry that I tossed with some tomatoes, onions, cucumber, and cilantro.
The spices go so well with the lamb and fennel and the yogurt helps tenderize and carry the flavors into the meat.
Lamb and Fennel Kabobs
- 1.5 pounds American leg of lamb sliced into thin 1 inch squares
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon red vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 carrots sliced into thin planks similarly sized to the lamb.
- 2 fennel bulbs sliced into thin planks similarity sized to the lamb.
- Mix the lamb with the yogurt, vinegar, sumac, turmeric, cumin, coriander, sesame, and oregano. Mix well to combine and season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Skewer the lamb alternating each peice with either a carrot or fennel peice
- Grill on high heat to brown on all sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve over rice or noodles.