Recipe Sponsored by BUBBA Burger
I love Tex-Mex flavors on a burger, but I am always trying to think of new ways to incorporate a tortilla instead of just wrapping the burger up inside. I was eating fast food the other day, and realized a crunch wrap could serve well as the bun for a nice juicy BUBBA Burger.
One thing I always take seriously when making alternative “buns” for a burger, is making sure the bun and burger are the same size. To do this, I sometimes trace the burger on parchment paper, keeping in mind that the burger will shrink a bit on the grill. You may have seen people making fun of me for this on social media, but it really works!
I am so excited to be working with BUBBA Burger again this summer! Head over to their product locator to find them in a store near you and have all your summertime grilling needs taken care of!
I tried making this burger with the full wrap, but making the crunch wraps bun sized meant that there was way too much tortilla. I cut it into this football shape and it helped keep the tortilla to filling ratio correct.
Fill the tortilla with cheese, then pickles, lettuce, and tomato. All the best burger toppings! The tortilla goes next, then beans, then more cheese.
Wrap it up and sear in a hot pan on both sides, but make sure you start with the seam side down to help it seal.
Once the “buns” are ready, get your burger on the grill!
Melt some pepperjack on top.
Then build up the burger! I put guac and pico on top, and some homemade spicy ranch.
The guac and ranch really helped hold these burger together. I was originally worried that they would be slippery and fall apart, but the guac was the glue!
Remember to check out the BUBBA Burger locator to grab a pack near you!
Crunch Wrap Bun Burgers
Fresno Pepper Ranch (makes extra)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 red fresno chili pepper remove seeds for mild
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 12 pickle slices
- 12 to rtilla chips
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 BUBBA Burgers
- 2 slices pepperjack cheese
- pico de gallo
Make the Ranch
- Put all the ranch ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth
Make the Wraps
- Slice the tortillas into a football shape (see image above for reference)
- Put some cheese in the center, then top with lettuce, tomato, and pickles, then a few chips, making sure no sharp chip edges are sticking out the sides, then the beans and more cheese.
- Tightly wrap the tortilla around the fillings. Preheat a pan with some oil and cook the wraps to toast on both sides, starting with the seam side down to seal it.
Make the burgers
- Preheat a grill or pan to medium high heat. Add the burger and cook about 6 minutes, until the juices are pooling on top of the burger.
- Flip and top with a slice of cheese. Cook until cooked through and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Put one of the crunchwraps down, seam side up. Place the burger on top, then spread on some guac, add pico, and ranch, and then top with another crunchwrap, this time seam side down. Serve.