After making a really nice taco spread for the family on Father’s day, I had a lot of beans, corn, and cheese leftover. I was craving something loaded with these ingredients but I couldn’t really put my finger on it. Wandering around the grocery store for a bit finally drew me to these really big sweet potatoes. I decided to stuff the potatoes with all the ingredients I was craving and it hit the spot perfectly.
Cheesy Corn and Black Bean Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup grilled corn removed from cob
- 1 cup black beans strained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup grilled chicken chopped
- 1/4 cup sambol chile paste
- 4 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Clean the potatoes well. Coat with oil and a pinch of salt and bake at 350 for about an hour and 15 minutes until tender. Raise oven to 400.
- Cut an oval opening on each potato and scoop out about 75% of the filling into a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Stuff the potatoes with the mixture. Really fill them up and top with lots more filling. You should be able to use almost all the filling.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.