Making carbonara is one of the coolest tricks in the kitchen. Start with raw eggs, toss with hot pasta, boom a sauce is formed. I tried to come up with some ideas on what other food I could toss with a raw eggs and of all my ideas I kept coming back to wings. I first tossed the wings in the hot bacon fat and then added the egg and parm mixture and it really clung to the wings and formed a great sauce.
I marinated the wings in a little worcestershire sauce, some vinegar, and salt. Before cooking I lightly dried them and tossed them with baking powder and corn starch.
They come out of the oven nice and crispy.
I cooked some bacon in the pan, strained out the excess fat, and then added the wings. After tossing for a few minutes, I turned off the heat and added the egg and parm mixture.
Top with lots of black pepper!
- 16 wing segments
- 2 tabespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- black pepper
- 3 slices bacon diced
- Mix the wings with the worcestershire, vinegar, and salt. Stir to combine and allow to sit at least an hour or overnight.
- Drain the wings and dry with a paper towel, but they don't need to be that dry. Toss in the cornstarch and baking powder.
- Preheat oven to 300. Line up the wings on a baking sheet. Bake at 300 for 45 minutes with the skin side up.
- Flip the wings and cook about 20 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to 450 and flip the wings again. Cook to brown, about 20 more minutes.
- Mix the eggs, yolks, parm, and lots of black pepper in a bowl. Set aside at room temperature.
- Cook the bacon in a large frying pan until rendered and crispy. Remove excess fat, it should be coating the pan and slightly pooling, but if there is more than a tablespoon or two you should get rid of some.
- Add the wings to the pan with the bacon and toss for a minute. Remove from heat and add in the egg mixture. Toss to coat. Once it forms a sauce, remove from the pan and on to a plate immedietly.
- top with more black pepper and serve.