Recipe sponsored by Curly’s RoadTrip Eats
I recently went to a food festival in Boston that brought together all the best restaurants and food trucks in the area for a great day of eating. I went with my usual partners in crime, Matt and Georgina, and we ate everything the festival had to offer.
After I got home from the event, I couldn’t get this one hush puppy out of my head. It had jalapenos and corn in it, and I wanted to make my own version but load it up with Curly’s RoadTrip Eats Kansas City Style Burnt Ends.
Today Curly’s is announcing their RoadTrip Eats Couch-Gating Giveaway, so head over to giveaway.roadtripeats.com to register to win and find out about all the amazing prizes!
Doesn’t look like much now but after you fry them they are golden brown and delicious!
Fry at 350 for about 3 minutes.
So tasty, and an easy way to bring fair food into your home!
The Curly’s RoadTrip Eats Kansas City Style Burnt Ends are what really take these fritters to the next level. They add a deep savory flavor and that tender meaty texture we all love.
The sauce is just a simple sour cream with horseradish mixed in.
And here is the video of the whole process
Burnt End Hush Puppies
- 1 package Curly’s RoadTrip Eats Kansas City Style Burnt Ends
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapenos diced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix the dip ingredients together and set aside in the fridge.
- Preheat oil to 350 for frying.
- Mix all the hushpuppy ingredients together.
- Use a spoon to grab the hush puppy batter in about 2 tablespoon increments. Drip the batter into the oil one by one.
- Fry until browned and crispy and fully cooked through.
- Serve with dipping sauce.