Recipe Sponsored by Old Croc Cheese
We are all looking for some easy hearty apps to munch on this weekend, and this recipe is just that. It has all the flavors of a tasty cheeseburger, without the work of making a bunch of little sliders, and it has crunchy tots as the crust! The Old Croc Cheese is flavored with real bacon and jalapeno, and gives these a much needed flavor boost and kick of heat. Make a big tray the next time you have people over and you won’t be disappointed!
Shred the cheese and try not to eat it all at this point.
Mash up the tots and stir them around until they are fully broken up.
Add about 2 tablespoons to each mini muffin cup depending on the size of your tray.
After they bake the first time, fill them with the beef and cheese mixture and bake them again.
Pop them out of the muffin tin and onto a plate.
Top with pickles.
And ranch! Use whatever toppings you like on burgers.
So tasty! Easy to pop several of these without noticing. They have all the flavors I am looking for in a game day snack!
Bacon Jalapeno Cheeseburger Tot Cups
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 pounds potato tots one bag thawed
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 6 ounces Old Croc Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar shredded
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Pour the tots into a large bowl. Mash and stir the tots until they are all broken apart and crumbled.
- Grease a mini muffin tin and place a few heaping tablespoons of the tot mixture into each muffin spot. Press down in the center. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile add the onion to a frying pan with a little oil. Cook about 5 minutes. Add in the ground beef and cook 10 minutes until lightly browned and fully cooked. Remove from heat and drain excess fat.
- Stir in the ketchup and mayo. Allow to cool for 2 minutes. Add in the cheese.
- Remove the tot cups from the oven and press down again in the center. This will be when you really form the tots into the cup shape because now that they have heated up a bit they will form the shape better.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of the meat mixture into each of the tot cups. press down to form and add more if needed depending on the size of your muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Use a butter knife to remove each tot cup from the tray by first running the knife around the cup to be sure it isnt stuck anywhere, then using it to get under the cup and pop it out.
- Place the cups on a platter, top with pickles and ranch, or toppings/sauces of your choice, and serve.