May 3, 2017
Cook the onion and pepper down for at least 5 minutes. After adding the tomato and some spices, crack the eggs right in there. Meanwhile cook the burger and top it with some feta. When the eggs are cooked, put them on top of the burgers along with some spinach and plenty of the spicy tomato sauce. These burgers are so juicy and delicious. The sloppy tomato sauce makes them super messy to eat in a great way. The paprika and cinnamon in the sauce give the burgers a new depth and dimention of flavor you don't normally get in a burger. Make sure to take the eggs out of the oven earlier than you might think so they still have a runny yolk. So good!
- 1 small Onion diced
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 28 ounces Canned Crushed Tomato
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Cayenne to taste
- 16 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- feta cheese
- 6 small Pita
- Chopped Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute the onion and pepper in some oil for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the onion, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, and cayenne. Stir well and simmer about 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and pop it into the oven for about 12 minutes until the eggs are just barely set.
- Meanwhile, cook the spinach in a frying pan with a little oil or butter until wilted. Remove from pan.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and cook the burgers to medium. Add the feta after flipping and cover to allow the cheese to melt.
- Build the burgers with a pita on the bottom, then the burger, then some spinach, then an egg with plenty of the tomato sauce along with it. Top with the chopped cilantro and then another pita for the top bun. Serve.