Breakfast Fried Rice
Breakfast fried rice with bacon, breakfast sausage, ham, peppers, and hash browns. And of course the egg on top!
Servings: 3 people
- 1 medium yukon gold potato peeled and grated and dried on a paper towel
- 5 breakfast sausages
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 rib celery diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1 Jalapeno diced and seeds removed
- 5 slices deli ham you could also use chunks of ham instead
- 2 leaves kale ribs removed and leaves chopped
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice cooled in the fridge overnight
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 scallions chopped
- 3 eggs
Allow the potatoes to really dry out on the towel before using. You can remove extra moisture from them by folding up the towel and squeezing it.
Cook the sausages and bacon in a large frying pan until fully cooked. Remove from pan and allow to cool. Chop the sausages and bacon into bite size pieces. Remove excess oil from the pan but keep some oil in there.
Cook the potato shreds to brown, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking them apart if they get stuck together.
Add in the celery and peppers and cook 2 minutes.
Add in the ham and kale and add the rest of the meats back to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add the rice to the pan and cook for 5 minutes stirring often. Add the soy, sesame, and vinegar and cook a few more minutes. Stir well to combine. Taste and add more of the sauces if needed.
In another pan, fry the eggs over easy. Split the rice into 3 bowls and top with the eggs. Serve with the scallions.