- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Onion Diced
- 2 Jalapenos Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped up Chipotle in Adobo
- 3 Teaspoons Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander
- 2 Teaspoons Mexican Chile Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne
- 2 Teaspoons Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- Sometimes I dump a beer in there...
- Salt and pepper the meat about 10 minutes before cooking. Brown the beef and remove from pan. Drain any excess fat (only if there is more than a few tablespoons) Sauté onions and jalapenos in the beef fat and some salt and pepper. Cook until just starting to brown, about 12 minutes. Add in your garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add the beef back in. Next the spices and stir well. Add in some water or the beer. Enough liquid to come to about the top of the meat but not drowning it. Cook on high until the water fully evaporates stirring often.
Taco meat is quick and easy and I have used it in a million things! There was a time where I made tacos most Thursdays, so on the weekend I have some meat as a leftover. I have put it in pizza, calzones, sushi, dim sum and so much more! Because of this, I need to repeat the recipe over and over again. Well not any longer, here it is.
After you brown the beef, remove from the pan and add the onions and peppers to the fat.
Then add the cooked beef back in. Add all your spices and some water.
Cook on high until the water fully evaporates.