Skirt steak is marinaded in black cherry and grilled perfectly for a sweet and sour taco filling. Shrimp ceviche is a refreshing app to go with it.
- 1 Pound Shrimp (raw, in the shell, preferably cleaned)
- 3 Ounces Chopped Chives
- 1/4 Cup Mined Onion
- 1 Lime
- 1 Cup Mike's Strawberry Hard Lemonade
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Tortilla Chips
- 1 Pound Flank or Skirt Steak
- 1 Cup Mike's Black Cherry Hard Lemonade
- 3 Cloves Garlic (grated)
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Habanero
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Limes
- 2 Yellow-black Plantains
- 4 Ounces Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- Cook the shrimp in a little butter in a frying pan for about 5 minutes. Only cook it until it is just barely finished cooking and the flesh becomes opaque. Remove from heat and put the shrimp in a bowl into the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the chives and onion, and juice the lime. Grate the garlic. Mix everything in a bowl. Remove the shrimp from the freezer and remove the peels and tails. Chop into small pieces and mix int he bowl with the other ingredients. Mix and let sit for about a half hour before serving. Serve with the chips.
- Marinate the steak in the Hard Lemonade along with the garlic, Worcestershire and some salt. Let it sit about an hour or up to 4 hours.
- In a food processor, mix the avocado, habanero (without the seeds), sour cream, and lime juice and blend until smooth. Put it into a squeeze bottle and set aside in the fridge.
- Slice the plantains into thin rectangular planks for the grill. Toss with oil and salt.
- Preheat the grill and put the plantains on first. Cook about 5 minutes before putting on the steak. Cook the plantain until browned and tender, and cook the steak to your desired doneness. Meanwhile grill the tortillas for a few minutes each side to soften them up before using
- Once the steak has rested for about 5 minutes, slice it very thin against the grain. To serve, top the tortilla with a piece of plantain, then add a few slices of steak, some cheese, salsa, and finally the avocado crema.
This post is sponsored by Mike’s Hard Lemonade.
As the summer comes towards a close, we are all looking for refreshing food that is easy to make and doesn’t need a lot of stove or oven time. Something that is a little different than the same chicken or burgers you have been eating all summer. I hosted some people for a little backyard BBQ this past week and was inspired by some South American flavors to create this fun menu incorporating Mike’s Hard Lemonade into the recipes. To start, some super refreshing shrimp ceviche. Then for dinner, black cherry marinated flank steak and plantain tacos with a spicy avocado crema.
This isn’t a true ceviche, because I actually cooked the shrimp first. Just cook them for a few minutes in some butter.
Chives, onion, garlic, and some Mike’s Hard Strawberry Lemonade.
Nice and refreshing.
You and your friends could snack on this for hours!
Is important to just barely cook the shrimp so that this ceviche is nice and tender.
OK, time for tacos! Some skirt steak is marinated with Mike’s Hard Black Cherry Lemonade, garlic, and Worcestershire.
To make the avocado crema, just put an avocado into the food processor with sour cream, lime juice, and a habanero (no seeds).
Meanwhile, fire up the grill! Plantains give this taco a nice unique flavor and add a sweet heartiness.
After the steak comes off the grill, be sure to slice it very thin against the grain. This will cause the slices to be perfectly tender. Build your tacos with the plantains first, then steak, then some cheese, salsa, and of course that tasty and spicy avocado crema.
So colorful! And just what you want to eat this time of the year.