November 28, 2017
Third is go to South of Nick's for some shrimp taquitos. I loved these so much that I had them both times I visited and still felt the need to recreate them at home. I waited until this time of year to post this recipe, because I think these would be great to serve at a small cocktail party that we all have so many of in the coming weeks.
Step one is to dip the tortilla in some egg wash. There is hot sauce, cumin, and paprika in the egg. Wrap the shrimp tightly in the tortilla. Place the shrimp on a plate seam side down so they can seal. Then fry for about 3 minutes until brown and crispy. Season with salt and pepper as they come out of the fryer. Serve with cocktail sauce that has a little sour cream mixed in. So damn good. Just a great simple idea that tastes so good. The shrimp stays extra juicy wrapped up in the tortilla, and the tortilla itself gets crispy like a chip. I could easily eat a couple orders of them myself if I wasn't paying attention.
- 6 Corn Tortillas plus more for messups
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- 12 Shrimp peeled with tail still attached
- Oil for Frying
- 1/4 cup cocktail sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sour Cream
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 45 seconds
- Beat the egg with the hot sauce, paprika, cumin, and some salt and pepper.
- Cut a tortilla in half and dip the tortilla in the egg mixture. Lay on a flat surface and place the shrimp on it. Roll the tortilla tightly around the shrimp with the tail still poking out. Place on a plate seam side down and repeat until you do all the shrimp.
- Preheat oil to 350. Fry shrimp until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove shrimp from oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the cocktail sauce and a little sour cream. Top with chives and serve avocado on the side.