- 4 Cups Leftover Pulled Pork
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 Can Black beans (Rinsed)
- 1/4 Head of Cabbage
- 1.5 Cups Shredded Cheese
- Cornbread recipe linked above
- For: 6 Individual Pot Pies
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- Slice the cabbage thin and cook in some butter until very browned, about 30 minutes. Mix the pork with the bbq sauce. Put the pork at the bottom of the pots, then add the cabbage, then the beans, and top with the cornbread mixture. I didn't add any corn to the recipe, but I did add 1 1/2 cups of cheddar to the batter. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
I had a bunch of leftover pulled pork from a recipe I was testing, so I used it one night to make this fun easy dinner. I pretty much just put a bunch of stuff I had laying around into a personal sized baking dish, made a quick soft cornbread to put on top, and baked it until it was piping hot, cheesy, and delicious. If you have some leftover pulled pork around, I highly suggest doing this with it. I’ll see you guys next week with a whole new look!
First I cooked down this cabbage until it was browned.
This is the cornbread mixture before I added in the cheese. It’s nice and soft after it bakes.
Pork, then cabbage, then beans, then the bread on top.
Yea, that’s good stuff.
Spread it out a bit before you put it into the oven.
After it bakes it’s golden and delicious.
Dig in and find the suprise inside!
Soft cornbread, sweet and tangy pork, savory caramelized cabbage, and some hearty black beans. What more do you need?
The base recipe for cornbread is from Martha Stewart.