September 18, 2019
It is without a doubt the best time of the year for SNACKS. After school snacks, country fair season, tailgate season, and sweater weather all come together to make snack magic. I love coming up with crazy over the top ideas for my game day snacks and these Nugchos fit that bill nicely. With a name like nugchos you know it’s gonna work!
I am excited to be working with Gardein on this recipe. Georgina and I have been trying to eat less meat but things like zucchini nachos (zuccchos?) are just simply not as cool or impressive as nugchos. With Gardein seven grain crispy tenders I can have the best of both worlds! It also means we can bring a snack to the party that all my friends can eat.
Step one is to cook the tenders to get them crispy. About 18 minutes, and I flipped them halfway. Next, pile them up in a pan with cheese. Top with pickled jalapenos and pop them into the oven for another 10 minutes to melt the cheese. Salsa and sour cream on top of course. A little avocado on the side and then you can dig right in! Check out the video below!
- 2 packages Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders
- 2 cups Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup Pico de Gallo
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Avocado
- Bake the tenders according to the package instructions - about 18 minutes at 430
- Build the nachos on a baking dish starting with the tenders, then adding cheese, and repeating in layers until you use all the tenders. Top with the pickled jalapenos
- bake at 430 for 7-10 minutes just until the cheese is melted.
- Top with salsa, sour cream, and avocado slices (or guac if you prefer). Keep some extra toppings on the side for dipping. Serve!