March 5, 2020
Start with cream and cornstarch and cook it until it thickens up. Remove from heat and add the cheese. Stir until it comes together. It will seem a little tight but after you add the whiskey it becomes the perfect consistency. Thick bacon and a brioche bun. Again, I am not always one for brioche but for this sweet/savory burger it was the right choice. Then just add on the cereal! I like to adjust the ratio slightly so there are a but more marshmallows than an average handful might have. The cereal added a great crunch to the burger with a pop of sweetness.
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 4 ounces Mild Cheddar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- 2 slices Thick Cut Bacon
- 12 ounces Ground Beef
- 2 brioche buns
- Stir the cornstarch into the cream and whisk until combined. Stir in a pinch of salt.
- Bring the cream to a simmer, you will see it thicken. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cheese, there should be enough residual heat for the cheese to melt, but if not you can turn it to low, just be careful not to overheat or it will separate
- Finally stir in the whiskey.
- Cook the bacon until crispy.
- Split the beef into 2 patties the same roundness as the buns. Cook on high to brown on both sides and cook to desired doneness.
- Build the burgers starting with the bottom bun, then the burger, then the bacon, then top with the cheese sauce followed by the lucky charms. Top with the top bun and serve.