This twist on Crab Rangoon uses fresh salmon, hummus, and cucumber for the filling.
- 10 Ounces Sabra Original Hummus
- 1/2 Cup Diced Cucumber
- 3/4 Cup Cooked Flaked Salmon
- Oil for Frying
- Wonton Wrappers
- 1 Egg
- Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- For: 24 Rangoons
- Preparation: 20 min
- Cooking: 9 min
- Ready in: 29 min
- Mix the hummus with the fish and cucumbers and stir well.
- Beat the egg with a splash of water. Heat oil to 350.
- put about a tablespoon of the mixture on to one of the wonton wrappers. With your finger, paint some egg onto 2 of the 4 edges of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper into a triangle so that the wet edges meet the dry edges. Press to seal really well.
- Repeat until you use all the filling. Fry for about 3 minutes until fully browned.
- Mix the sauce ingredients and serve the wantons with the sauce.
This post brought to you by Sabra Dipping Co, LLC..
More holiday apps for you guys today. These would also work great at new years. I love crab rangoon but I wanted to try and make a fun twist on them. There was some tasty looking salmon at the store, and I realized that hummus would be a perfect swap out for the cream cheese that is normally in these things. Hummus is also a nice shortcut ingredient because it already has a nice savory and garlicky flavor so you don’t need to add things to achieve these flavors. These hummus salmon rangoons came out great and were quick and easy to make!
The filling is just hummus, flaked salmon, and cucumber.
Mix it all together good.
A little egg wash on 2 of the edges, then fold it over and seal it up.
Fry for like 3 minutes until it is all browned up.
These are really great! Creamy insides with just enough salmon flavor.
The little bit of cucumber adds some texture.
And the soy sauce dip is the perfect accompanyment.