Grilled Cheese Taco
April 1, 2016
Start by slicing your bread on a really long bias so you can have big grilled cheeses!
I used some sliced jack and grated cheddar.
Really press your sandwiches to make them thin.
Then just build the taco! The key to making the sandwich more pliable is letting it sit a few minutes after it comes off the grill.
Whoa. Amazing! I ate both of these and then I tried to go for a run and pretty much died on the sidewalk in Davis Square.
It tastes just how you would expect. Like a grilled cheese and a taco had a baby.
Actually, have you guys seen that movie Hot Rod where there is a fight between a grilled cheese and a taco? This is what happened after they made up and fell in love. Haha Hot Rod is the best. Just look at all the great people in that clip.
That cross section.
Grilled Cheese Taco
- Grilled Cheese
- 1 Loaf Italian Bread
- Cheese Slices
- Taco Meat
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Large Onion (diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 Jalapenos (diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1/4 Cup Red Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 Cups Water
- Plenty of salt and pepper
- Other Fillings
- Sour Cream
Make the taco meat
- Cook the meat in a little oil with salt and pepper on high heat to brown and remove from pan.
- Cook the onions on medium in the same pan for about 20 minutes to lightly brown. season.
- Add in the garlic and jalapeno and cook 3 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook 2 minutes. Add the meat back in and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, water, and honey and allow to simmer about 20 minutes to reduce the liquid and let everything come together and form a really nice sauce for the taco meat. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Make the grilled cheese
- Slice your loaf of bread on a long bias to form nice big slices of bread.
- Build your grilled cheeses with one slightly smaller piece of bread on one side and a bigger piece of bread on the other.http://www.thefoodinmybeard.com/wp-content/plugins/recipepress-reloaded/img/minus.png
- Grill with some butter. Really press your grilled cheeses on the grill with a heavy pan.. You want them thin.
Build the tacos
- Allow the grilled cheese to rest for a few minutes and they will become more pliable. Gently fold into a taco form.
- Add the meat, then the cheese, salsa, sour cream, and lettuce.