Homemade grenadine makes a great gin daisy cocktail!
- 24 Ounces Pomegranate Juice
- 1 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cups Sugar
- 10 Teabags Hibiscus Raspberry Tea
- 1 Lemon
- Homemade Grenadine
- Soda Water
- Make sure the tea you buy is herbal and pretty much only has hibiscus and raspberry in it. And hibiscus is the first ingredient.
- Put all the ingredients into a pot and bring to a simmer, stirring often until the sugar dissolves. Turn to low and simmer very lightly for an hour. Remove teabags and continue to simmer until the liquid is about 1 cup in volume. This took about another hour. When it is ready, squeeze in the lemon juice and stir. Pour into a container and put in the fridge.
- Put a shot of gin into a mason jar filled with ice. Add about 2 tablespoons of your grenadine, but it's up to your personal taste. Stir well and pour in the soda water. Stir and serve with some mint.
My friends band was playing at my house, and they are named Gin Daisy, so I thought it was only appropriate to make some gin daisy cocktails for the show. I had never heard of the drink before, so when I looked it up I was glad it was pretty simple to make and also featured gin which I have been enjoying lately. To make these drinks extra special I made my own grenadine, which is something I have wanted to do for awhile. I loved how it came out, and love having some in the fridge ready for any cocktail needs.