Everything bagels, cream cheese, and a little bit of bacon make this Thanksgiving stuffing totally unique and perfect for your Friendsgiving.
- 6 Everything Bagels
- 1 stick Butter
- 2 large Carrots diced
- 4 ribs Celery diced
- 1 Onion diced
- 3 Jalapenos diced
- 5 strips Bacon cut into 1/2 inch peices
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel spice
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut bagels into cubes and lay out on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the onion, carrot, celery, jalapeno, and bacon, in a frying pan with the butter. Cook on high heat for 10 minutes until about halved in volume and the bacon is cooked.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, stock, and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the veggie and bacon mixture and mix well.
- Add in the bread and stir to coat.
- Add in the extra everything spice and mix.
- Pour into a baking dish and bake at 350 for a half hour or until set on the inside. Serve.
Every year I try to come up with a unique take on stuffing so you guys have something different to bring to friendsgiving. This year I was inspired by everything bagels to come up with this mash-up stuffing. I used things that are common in stuffing, like carrot, celery, onion, eggs, and chicken stock, and also things that are common with bagels, like cream cheese and bacon. This was a really fun twist on your classic stuffing and one that I am sure I will make for my friends this year.
Bagels are obviously the bread for this stuffing. Just chop them up and give them a nice toast.
Meanwhile, some onion, celery, carrot, jalapeno, and bacon are cooked with a stick of butter.
Eggs, cream cheese, and chicken stock form the base of the liquids.
Add the veggies to the cream cheese mixture and whisk well. This has the feel of a veggie cream cheese at this point, which was a happy coincidence that added to the depth of the dish.
Mix in the bread and pour it into a baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
This stuffing is everything you would want in a bagel stuffing. It tastes like bagels and stuffing at the same time which is exactly what I was going for.
Having a creamy element in the stuffing was something different than I am normally used to, but it took this to the next level.
Make it this weekend for your Friendsgiving get together! Use this recipe to make homemade everything spice, or just buy it!