Ice cream tacos with a strong coffee flavor and a nice nutella shell. Part of the #weekofsundaes blogger ice cream week with a great giveaway!
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1.25 Cups Milk Powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/8th Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 Big Pinch Salt
- 5 Packets Starbucks Via
- 3 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1/3 Cup Nutella
- 1 Cup White Rice Flour
- 3/4 Cup Corn Starch
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- Make the pizzelle - Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Heat up your pizzelle maker and put tablespoons of batter onto the iron. Cook until done (results may vary based on your pizzelle maker). Immediately bend into the taco shape by hanging it on a book or cutting board. Start the next batch as it cools. Once hardened, place them all onto a baking sheet to continue to cool until needed.
- Make the ice cream - Microwave the milk and whisk in the milk powder, sugar, xanthan gum, and instant coffee. Once everything is dissolved, whisk in the cold cream and salt. Freeze the ice cream according to your ice cream machine manufacturers instructions. (it probably should be very cold before you put it into the machine. Put it into the freezer to harden further before filling the tacos.
- Fill up the taco shells! Be careful cause they are a little fragile. Once full, drizzle a little nutella on top! Do a better job at the drizzle than I did! Get these things right into the freezer!
You guys know how obsessed with ice cream I am, so when a bunch of cool bloggers wanted to get together to do a week of ice cream recipes, I was pumped to join up! I was craving some ice cream tacos, but I have made them before (and it was recently featured on Yahoo Food!) so I needed to come up with some new fun flavor ideas. I went with a strong coffee flavor ice cream, and a nutella shell and topping. They came out great! I also made some with pistachio gelato and a shortbread cookie topping that was equally good.
As I mentioned, this is part of a group of bloggers posting ice cream this week, and we have an awesome ice cream making giveaway. See the details of the giveaway below, and the recipes from this post even below that, but first, check out everyones sites below to see a bunch of great ice cream recipes throughout the next few days! We’re using the hashtag #weekofsundaes on social media this week.
Ashley at Spoonful of Flavor // Ashley at Cookie Monster Cooking // Madison at Wetherills Say I Do // Erin at The Speckled Palate // Julia at Tag & Tibby // LeAndra at Love & Flour // Molly at Hey There Sunshine // Nick at Macheesmo // Meredith at Meredith Noelle // Heather at Sugar Dish Me // Linda at Brunch with Joy // Katie at Twin Stripe // Erica at Crumby Cupcake // Beth at bethcakes // Meghan at Cake ‘n Knife // Dan at The Food in my Beard // Bethany at Bethany Grow // Cate at Chez CateyLou // Susannah at Feast + West
One lucky winner will get this BIG ice cream making prize pack that’s worth more than $265! See the Rafflecopter below to enter to win this amazing set. The prize pack includes:
- A Cuisinart Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker with double-insulated 2-quart freezer bowl // $165 value
- A Chef’s Choice Waffle Cone Express Ice Cream Cone Maker // $70 value
- Set of four 6-ounce Tovolo Mini Sweet Treats Tubs // $13 value
- A Zeroll Original Ice Cream Scoop // $19.95 value
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry! You can enter multiple times, up to 20 additional entries by following the ice cream week contributors on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the info as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Monday, Sept. 7, 2015 at 10 a.m. EST. One winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $265. Prizes shown in the graphic are the only ones available.
- Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of Aug. 17, 2015.