Eggnog Mocha Brownies
Dense chocolaty brownies topped with an eggnog cheesecake.
- 1.25 Sticks Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Packets Starbucks Via
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Egg Nog
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg (freshly grated)
- Mix all the brownie ingredients. It will be very thick and dry. Just keep mixing until it finally becomes a batter and everything is incorporated
- Mix the nog topping ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Put the brownie mix into a lined and greased 8x8 baking dish. Pour on the nog topping.
- Bake at 350 for about 23 minutes until it just slightly jiggles at your touch. Remove from the oven and add a little more freshly grated nutmeg. Cool, cut, and serve.
I am really excited to be part of a group of bloggers sharing cookies and a big giveaway this week! Except I didn’t make cookies, I made these eggnog mocha brownies. Hope that’s cool with you guys. I love cooking with egg nog this time of year, and these brownies were my latest creation. I even made them on TV last week! Check out the recipe, and be sure to look down below for the TV clip and all the awesome giveaway details.
The eggnog topping for the brownies is based on a simple cheesecake topping. Some nog, cream cheese, an egg, and nutmeg.
I’m really bad at marbling brownies. I skipped that class in food blogger school.
Bad marbling aside, these brownies are amazing. Nog lattes are a thing now and the nog-coffee-chocolate flavor combo is killer.
Because I made these on TV I had two batches (because of the whole swap-out TV magic thing) and I am still powering through them. I used my friend Bianca’s recipe for the brownie base because I know I can trust her recipes to be the easiest way to get to the most deliciousness. As usual, she didn’t fail me, the brownies are super dense and chocolaty.
Don’t be afraid to pull these out of the oven when they are not quite fully set. Just slightly under cooked brownies are my favorite.