Crispy Filet Tostatas
February 13, 2020
Of all the Gardein products I tried, the fishless filets were the biggest surprise to me. I have used them in sandwiches, wraps, and a bunch of other ways, and have loved them every time! Normally my favorite way to eat fish like this is in a taco, but I wanted to switch it up and make an elevated app version. I was excited to see if I could make tortilla chips in my air fryer, and like just about everything else I have put into my Breville Combi Wave, they came out great!
I stacked the fishless filets on top of the crispy chips along with some guac, slaw, and crema. There were a great hearty snack with everything you love about fish tacos served in a new way.
Use a glass to help you cut the tortillas into the perfect round shape and size for these tostadas.
Then brush them with a little vegetable oil.
After 10 minutes in the air fryer they are crispy and ready for toppings.
Next cook the fishless filets.
Then build it up.
Crema and hot sauce goes on last.
These looked great lined up on a platter ready for snacking.
All made possible by the Gardein Fishless Filets and the Breville Combi Wave Oven.
Crispy Filet Tostatas
- 7 Corn Tortillas
- Vegetable Oil
- 1 package Gardein Fishless Filets
- 2 Avocados
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 Limes
- 1 cup shredded green cabage
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/4 tablespoons Mayo
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 5 sprigs Cilantro chopped
- Cut the tortillas into 3 inch rounds and brush them with vegetable oil. Preheat the air fryer to 450.
- Put the tortillas into the air fryer and cook for 8-10 minutes until crispy. Set aside.
- Next, put the fishless filets into the air fryer and cook them 10 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Meanwhile, mix the avocado in a bowl with the garlic and juice from one of the limes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the cabbages with the carrot and add in half the mayo and hot sauce. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the sour cream with the rest of the mayo and juice from the other lime. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place all the tortillas on a platter. Top with a scoop of guac, then top with the fishless filets, then the slaw. Top with some crema, hot sauce, and the chopped cilantro. Serve.