Bulgogi Grilled Flatbread
June 10, 2016
I wanted to make this long and thin so it would be more like a restaurant style flatbread than a pizza. I just used store bought dough for this because I didn’t really plan ahead more than an hour or so. First grill up all the veggies. And if you have never thrown kale on the grill, DO IT! These are sirloin tips. Normally the bulgogi I have had is sliced super thin but I thought it would be a little different making it this way, and this is one of my favorite cuts of meat for casual grilling.
Kimchi and the meat all ready to top the pizza. Grill the dough first on both sides. I like to rotate it once on each side as well so it gets the nice diamond grill mark pattern. Top with the veggies and meat, and then a little cheese. I used munster, but any mild melty cheese will do. Finally, the kale is a nice garnish on top. Slice into strips.
And serve! My friend and I devoured this pizza. Like I said earlier, the bitter char flavor dominates this pizza, but a little sweet and spicy flavors come through from the meat and kimchi. The textures are one of the best parts though, with the bread being super crispy to contrast the tender meat and gooey cheese.
Bulgogi Grilled Flatbread
- Meat / Marinade
- 1 cup diced pear
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup Diced Onion
- 1 tablespoon Gochujang fermented chile paste
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Grated Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Grated Ginger
- 2 pounds Sirloin Tips
- Zucchini chopped into planks
- Bell Pepper chopped into planks
- store bought pizza dough
- Kimchi chopped
- Munster Cheese
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl, except for the meat itself.
- Blend the marinade with a hand blender or in a blender or food processor.
- Mix in the meat and allow to marinate for a few hours.
- Grill the meat to medium.
- Allow to rest before slicing against the grain.
- Stretch out the bread to the long and thin shape known for flatbread.
- Toss the zucchini, bell pepper, and kale with some oil and salt.
- Grill the veggies on high heat to brown. Remove from heat.
- Brush the bread with olive oil. Grill to brown on both sides. Remove from heat and turn the grill to low.
- Build your flatbread adding the zucchini, peppers, kimchi, and meat. Top with the cheese.
- Place on the grill and close the top to let the cheese melt, about 5 minutes. Keep an eye on it because if the grill is still hot it might burn. I moved mine to the top rack after a few minutes.
- Remove from the grill and top with the kale. Slice and serve.