Brussel Sprouts, sausage, and sweet potato in a tasty hearty soup.
- 2 Cups Chopped Carrots
- 2 Cups Chopped Celery
- 2 Cups Chopped Sweet Potato
- 2 Cups Chopped Onions
- 5 Cloves Garlic (diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Chile Flake
- 5 Hot Italian Sausage
- 2 Pounds Brussel Sprouts (cleaned and sliced thin)
- 2 Boxes Chicken or Veggie Stock
- Pecorino Romano
- Remove the sausage from the casing. Brown meat and remove from pan. Remove some of the fat if there is too much. Saute the onions in the remaining sausage fat for about 5 minutes. Add potatoes and cook another 5 minutes. Add in the carrots and celery and stir and cook another 5 minutes. Finally add in the garlic and cook another minute. return the cooked meat to the pot and add the stock, oregano, and chile flake. Simmer until the veggies are tender. Meanwhile, toss the brussel sprouts in oil, salt, and pepper, and broil to brown. When the soup is about ready, kill the heat and add in the brussel sprouts. Serve with bread and lots of pecorino romano.
I’m so glad that it’s finally soup weather again. I could eat soup every day! I especially like soup on a cold dreary Monday when the weekend felt a little too short. Something easy to put together that can really make you feel better! That being said, I am going to institute soup Mondays on the blog starting today and lasting for at least a couple weeks but probably longer. Today’s soup is a hearty and healthy one that was much needed after the fry-fest known as fair food week last week.
Some sausage is the first layer of flavor in this soup.
Sausage comes out and veggies go in next.
Broil the brussel sprouts with some oil to get that nice charred flavor.
Dont add them in till the last minute. Tasty!
Little pecorino finished things off nicely.
And so soup Mondays begin! Hopefully some of you can play along and make this tonight!