3 Savory Monkey Breads
December 13, 2018
It's the best time of the year for savory Monkey Bread because its something you can make ahead and bring to a party that everyone can dig in and enjoy. I experimented with 3 different monkey bread ideas using Old Croc Garlic and Herb cheese as the base flavor, and I loved how they all came out! The first one I made was heavily focused on the pure flavor of the cheese and it came out with a similar vibe to garlic knots. For the second one I added tomatoes, onion, and parsley to give it a bruschetta flavor, and for the final one, shaved steak and caramelized onions to make it cheesesteak.
Roll all the dough into small 1 inch balls and coat them with butter. Then add them all to a baking dish or oven safe bowl! For the Garlic and Herb version, add the cheese in with the bread as you build it. I like serving this one with a spicy tomato sauce and it tastes like garlic knots. For the bruschetta version, add tomatoes, onion, and parsley along with the cheese. I served this one in the baking dish instead of flipping it out. For the cheesesteak version, add shaved steak and onions along with the cheese. So good! I used the cake pan so this would have more height. The crispy cheese on the sides is my favorite. This would also go really well with a tomato sauce or even a spicy queso. A great dish to bring to your next party! You could flip this one out too if you wanted to, but I liked having it in a dish. Watch the video below to watch me make all 3 breads!
3 Savory Monkey Breads
- 1 stick Butter melted
- 1 pound Pizza Dough
- 7 ounces Old Croc Roasted Garlic and Herb Cheese Grated
- Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Diced Tomato
- 1/2 cup Diced Onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped Parsley
- 1 cup cooked shaved steak
- 1/2 cup Caramelized Onions
- queso optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and coat with melted butter. Brush an oven safe bowl or baking dish with with butter as well.
- Roasted Garlic and Herb Monkey Bread - Place 1/3 of the dough balls into the dish and top with half the cheese. add the next third of dough and top with the rest of the cheese. Put the remainer of dough balls on top and bake for about 40 minutes until cooked through. Allow to cool before flipping on to a serving dish. Serve with tomato sauce for dipping.
- Bruschetta Monkey Bread - Put the tomato, onion, and parsley into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Place 1/3 of the dough balls into the baking dish and top with half the cheese and tomato mixture . Add the next third of dough and top with most of the remaining cheese and tomato mixture. Put the remainder of dough balls on top and add a sprinkle of cheese and tomato mixture. Bake for about 40 minutes until cooked through. Allow to cool before serving right in the baking dish.
- Cheesesteak Monkey Bread - Place 1/3 of the dough balls into the dish and top with half the cheese and steak and onions. Add the next third of dough and top with the rest of the cheese, steak, and onions. Put the remainder of dough balls on top and bake for about 40 minutes until cooked through. Allow to cool before flipping on to a serving dish. Serve with tomato sauce or a queso sauce for dipping.